This week’s show on Real Talk with Rachael is another special edition episode. It’s longer than most of the episodes but I promise it is worth every single minute.
November is suicide awareness month and my brave, strong friend, Lynn Paljarvi, came on the show to discuss suicide from a survivors perspective.
Here are just a few things we chatted about:
- How Lynn and I met just months after she lost her husband to suicide
- The ministry God brought into her life that carried her through this tough season
- The different emotional stages she went through after losing her husband
- The spiritual warfare during this dark season and how she continues to fight it
- What she would say to someone who is a recent suicide survivor
- What she would say to someone considering suicide (this answer she gave was POWERFUL)
- What the healing journey has looked like for her
- Practical ways we can support suicide survivors
- The verse she stood on to carry her through
- Why it’s important to look a suicide survivor in the eyes (hint: shame comes for them hard)
- How she is still struggling today and what her friends do to lift her up
Have I said yet this is an episode you don’t want to miss?!
I personally lost a friend to suicide just a few weeks ago so I am passionate about bringing this topic into the light. Please share this episode with everyone you know!
Keeping things real,