Do you desire to have a healthy and restored relationship with your mother or daughter? If so, this week’s episode of Real Talk with Rachael is one you don’t want to miss.
I invited Blythe Daniel (the literary agent) & her mother Helen McIntosh (the counselor) on the show to talk about their new book, “Mended: Restoring the hearts of mothers & daughters”.
This episode was full of nuggets of wisdom so if you are able I would recommend keeping a notebook nearby to jot down notes.
Here are a few things we chatted about:
- How the idea for the book “Mended” came about.
- Blythe & Helen’s mother/daughter relationship
- What it really means to restore and practical steps to put it in action.
- What we are (and aren’t) responsible for in relationships and a powerful visual illustration to remember it.
- How Helen broke generational patterns between her mother and her daughter
- How to value the relationship over the problem
- Words of hope for someone who may have given up on their mother/daughter relationship
- And a few bonus questions from some of our listeners!
They are giving away TWO copies of their book “Mended”. You can enter two ways:
- The first way is to leave an iTunes review for the show in the month of May. At the end of the month, we will use a super fancy tool, aka my kids, to pick a random winner! 🙂
- The second way is over on Instagram @rachaeljgilbert There will be a post there that you can comment on and share to be entered to win.
Thank you for those reviews and feedback on the show. It encourages me as well as gets these episodes into the ears of more listeners just like you!