This week on Real Talk with Rachael, we’re talking with Dave Willis, who spent thirteen years as a full-time pastor and is now a speaker, author, relationship coach, and television host for MarriageToday. Dave and his wife Ashley have four young sons and live in Keller, Texas where they co-host a podcast together, The Naked Marriage. Today we talk about his new book, “Raising Boys Who Respect Girls” and get into the nitty-gritty of the challenges that parents raising boys face today.
Today we’re talking about:
- “Whatever thoughts we allow to replay in our minds will eventually shape our actions.”
- You may not be able to control what thoughts come into your head, but like an air traffic controller, you can control which thoughts “land”
- “The talk” about the birds and the bees should really happen more than once as you engage with your children in age-appropriate ways about what their struggles and questions are
- Mom’s have a unique roll in their son’s life to be the first point of contact with what friendship and respect for a woman looks like
- The book deals with how to have conversations with your sons, whether you’re a married or single mother
- Jesus was the ultimate respecter of women
- True manhood is how they love, respect, and serve the people around them
Remember to use the code, “RealTalkRachael” in the Cultivate What Matters shop for 10% your purchases, now until March 31st!