This week on Real Talk with Rachael I’m talking with the author and Bible teacher, Lisa Whittle. She is also the creator of a companion video Bible study for Jesus over Everything. A pastor’s daughter and longtime ministry leader in issues relevant to the church, Lisa is the founder of Ministry Strong and the popular Jesus over Everything podcast, which debuted in the top twenty-five of Christian podcasts. Her love runs deep to see people pursue Jesus for life, grow deep roots of faith, and walk strong in the midst of a world that so often seems to have gone crazy.
Lisa has done master’s work in marriage and family counseling, advocated for Compassion International, and been featured on numerous media outlets through the years. She and her husband live in North Carolina with their three mostly grown children, who still come home for dinner.
TODAY WE’RE TALKING ABOUT:
- The priority order of Jesus over everything is the key to making our life work in a lasting sense, not the things we think work for us but prove to be short-term solutions
- How her father ‘s role as a pastor affected her and her willingness to go into ministry
- Why she took a 1-year shopping fast
- Evaluating our “substitute saviors”
- The “land of the deadly overs:” where we overdo things in an effort to try to capture the life we want, but it winds up complicating it
- Real over pretty: “Real is the best pretty because it doesn’t ask you to lie.”
- Honesty over Hiding: When we want to lie, we out the secret to take away its power
- Avoiding and identifying burnout
Don’t forget to visit LisaWhittle.com/JOE to pre-order Jesus Over Everything and get some free goodies as well!