This week we’re talking with Debra Fileta about her new book, “Love in Every Season: Understanding the Four Stages of Every Healthy Relationship”. Debra Fileta is a Licensed Professional Counselor, national speaker, relationship expert, and author of Choosing Marriage and True Love Dates. She’s also the host of the hotline style Love + Relationships Podcast. Her popular relationship advice blog, TrueLoveDates.com, reaches millions of people with the message of healthy relationships.
We’re talking about:
- Relationships have a natural “four-season” cycle that happens again and again.
- Healthy relationships start with healthy singles, so her book is meant for everyone, married, dating, or single.
- In the beginning or “Springtime” of a relationship, you can easily see if there’s a give and take or if you’re just giving, giving, giving.
- Summer is the season of intimacy and when we show a little bit more of ourselves.
- Fall is the season when your true colors start to show through. There can be conflict or compatibility issues, but the conflict is an invitation to a deeper connection.
- Winter is the season where things start to cool and become normal and comfortably mundane. However, that comfort can turn into apathy.
- Take Debra’s free quiz on her website to see what season your relationship might be in.
- Two seeds that need to be planted during Spring and Winter are the seeds of Friendship and Faith.
- Don’t be afraid of conflict! Use it as an opportunity to draw closer to your family.
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!