This week on Real Talk with Rachael, I’m sitting down Emily Jensen and Laura Wifler, co-founders of Risen Motherhood and co-hosts of the weekly podcast. With a combination of accessibility, relatability, and solid biblical knowledge, Emily and Laura have a knack for simplifying complex biblical truths, revealing how they relate and apply to everyday life.
Their first book, Risen Motherhood, released on September 3rd. As sisters-in-law, Emily and Laura both live in central Iowa with their families.
We chatted about all that, plus:
- How being a Christian should change your perspective on motherhood.
- Their new book: Risen Motherhood: Gospel Hope for Everyday Moments.
- What it was like starting a podcast and how they became comfortable with it.
- Trusting God to go out on a limb and do something uncomfortable and new.
- How balancing being a wife, mother, and working requires constant adjustment.
- Being seen as amazing because of how much you love Jesus, rather than how quickly you can fit back into your pre-baby jeans.
Special thank you to Cultivate What Matters for sponsoring today’s show!