Hi friends! You may have noticed from my last few posts there are a lot of changes in my life right now. From homeschooling our kids to my Revelation Wellness journey and on to my involvement with our church and business my life is very full. Despite all that I feel very called to write. I never dreamed I would enjoy writing as much as I do but the Lord has really birthed it within me over this past year. Just like exercising, or any other habit, it is good to schedule regular time to do it or it won’t get done. So for the last several months I have had one day a week that I sit down and write a blog post. So why am I taking a break?
The Lord has dropped a dream/idea for a book and/or small group curriculum for fitness on my heart. I began to write a portion of it this last summer when I lead a fitness group at our church. God gave me the format and so many ideas to go along with it. I haven’t written any more on the curriculum in a few months simply due to time. Every time I run God gives me more ideas and revelation for the book. Today as I sat down to write my weekly blog post I asked God what he wanted me to write about and his response shocked me “nothing on the blog, work on the book”. This is exciting and a little scary at the same time!
As I said yes to God in taking the time I would usually blog and instead work on the book I felt I would just keep it to myself. Because you know, it can be scary to share dreams. What will people think? Will they laugh? Judge me? But then God reminded me that it’s good to bring things into the light and I want all of you to know that I didn’t just give up on blogging! I will still write from time to time but it just won’t be on a set day weekly for a short season.
I don’t want to share too much about the book yet but I do want to give you a glimpse into what it will cover so far:
- Small group curriculum for a fitness life group with format and devotional for each class
- Daily fitness related devotionals
- Appendix with workout ideas
- Appendix with games/partner drills for your classes
- Power verse & power thought cards you can cut out of the book
- Healthy and whole eating tips/recipes
- 10 Minute workouts you can do at home
- Pray for me! Pray for wisdom, ideas and favor as I write and move forward with this project. I have no idea if it will get published but I feel God calling me to write it so that’s my part, the rest is up to Him.
- Give me your feedback! You saw the ideas I have for the book above but I would love to hear from you. What would you like to see in a book like this? I want this to be a resource for people, and churches, who want to incorporate fitness in to their lives but just need a little help getting started. It’s time to put some of this fitness knowledge of mine to a better, higher call. 🙂