I’m excited for the first episode of 2019 to be with special guest, Dana K. White of A Slob Comes Clean.
Dana K. White is an author, podcaster, speaker, and (much to her own surprise) a Decluttering Expert. She taught both English and Theatre Arts before leaving her job to make her family her life’s work. In an attempt to get her home under control, Dana started blogging as “Nony” (short for anonymous) at A Slob Comes Clean. Dana soon realized she was not alone in her housekeeping struggles and in her feelings of shame. Today, Dana shares realistic home management strategies and a message of hope for the hopelessly messy through her blog, weekly podcasts and videos. Dana lives with her husband and three kids just outside of Dallas, Texas.
Oh, and she’s funny.
I know many of our New Year’s resolutions include getting our home in order and Dana shares many practical tips on this week’s episode.
Here are a few things we chatted about:
- How Dana got started online with her undercover name, A Slob Comes Clean
- The definition of decluttering
- The biggest hurdle Dana had to jump over to begin decluttering her own home
- How letting others into her struggle helped her on the decluttering journey
- How clutter struggles affect identity in women
- Practical tips to implement now
- The container concept
- Tips on managing laundry day
- How to stay on top of decluttering daily
- How to declutter when you have emotional ties to objects
Dana just launched a course called the 5 Day Clutter Shakedown. It is on sale this month only for $25 (normally $40) using code NEWYEAR19. Grab it here!
You can connect with Dana on her website, Instagram, & Facebook as a Slob Comes Clean. Get your copy of her books wherever books are sold:
Decluttering at the Speed of Life!
How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind
A special thank you to our show sponsor, Cultivate What Matters. For the month of January only, use code