In this episode of Real Talk with Rachael I’m talking with my friend, Kat Lee who is passionate about teaching others how to jumpstart each day with a grace-filled, life-giving morning routine. She is a writer, speaker, podcaster, and founder of HelloMornings.org. She and her husband, Jimmy, live in Waco, Texas with their three children.
Key points from today’s conversation:
- Kat originally started her morning routines with the attitude that if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing poorly.
- God time, plan time and move time all serve the same purpose – to bring God glory and bring others to Him.
- When we focus on God’s purpose for our lives, it changes not only the way we think about planning and fitness but the importance of them.
- We often overlook our time with God because we think of it as something to mark off a to-do list than a time to connect.
- “So often we wait for it to be perfect later in the day that we don’t just make that initial connection in the morning that can lead to so much more.”
- “Guilt is only an indication, not an identity.” Guilt should always be followed by grace.
- “Look at your morning routine as a path you’re choosing to be on instead of a goal to accomplish.”
- “It’s never about when we start a day, it’s about how we start a day.”
- Use your guilt as a prompt. The moment you think you blew it is the exact moment you need to spend time with God.
- Hold everything loosely and keep asking God what He wants for you. It’s not about perfection, it about progress.
Bible Memory app
3 Minute Morning Starter Kit
Praying for Your Family Calendar
Let’s Get Real Practical:
8 Ways to Build a Habit:
- Differentiate between goals and habits
- Start with small changes
- Update your environment
- Tie new habits to other activities
- Some practice is better than no practice
- Tell someone you’re starting a new habit
- Track your habit
- Celebrate your successes
This week, ask God what habits He wants you to build, then pick ONE of the steps above to implement in your routine.
Daily Kairos – get 20% off when you visit rachaelgilbert.com/dailykairos and use the promo code REALTALK20 at checkout!
Connect with Kat: podcast | website | Instagram | facebook
Connect with Rachael: website | Instagram | Facebook