This week on Real Talk with Rachael I’m talking with speaking coach Amie Stockstill. Amie is a fun-loving Southern who is passionate about training women to communicate the Gospel with confidence and clarity through her organization Let’s Echo.
Key Points from Our Conversation:
- There is not a calling that God gives us that doesn’t involve using our voice.
- Despite our feeling, we know we’re surrendered to what God is calling us to when we say yes even when we don’t want to.
- Fear stops us from using our voice – fear that it won’t work, that we’ll be wrong, even fear that we’re appointing ourselves.
- If you’re worried about stepping outside of submission, that is proof of your submission and surrender.
- If you’re wrestling with whether or not God has appointed you to something, first you have to wrestle with it with God. Take your time. If the vision multiplies, take it to the right people and have them partner with you.
- You can’t do the exterior things without doing the internal work that lays the foundation and that can be a long process.
- The most powerful part of using your voice is saying yes to God. Even if I don’t have any of the things I think I should have, I still surrender and say “here I am.” If God says I can do it, then who am I to say no?
- Wherever you are, you can use your voice. All we have to do is echo the heart of the Father. If we simply repeat what He tells us in His Word, that’s a no-fail system.
- The daily pursuit of holiness builds character. In order to have a character that sustains our calling, we must stand before the Lord daily and ask Him to refine us, purify us, and point out what’s wrong in our hearts.
- We’re never going to be perfect; God can use us anyway. We’re not deserving, but we can choose to be obedient and humble. Be open to correction and rebuke and respond in a way that lines up with the Word.
Let’s Get Real Practical:
Let’s debunk some myths we might believe about having something to say with these two questions –
When you think of someone being used by God, what personality traits do they possess?
Are those traits biblical or did you believe it incorrectly based on what you had observed in our world?
Now consider your unique personality. How is it unique? And how might God use your unique voice and personality to reach people where He has planted you?
Download the 3 Action Steps to Overcome Fear & Pursue your God-Given Dreams FREE training today!