This week on Real Talk with Rachael, I’m chatting with author Rebecca George about her new book, Do the Thing. Rebecca is also a speaker and host of the popular podcast Radical Radiance. Her greatest joy is helping women pursue their passions in a way that builds God’s kingdom. In her free time, she loves running outside or trying a new recipe with Garth Brooks playing in the background.
Key Points from Our Conversation:
- Rebecca felt called to write Do the Thing as an encouragement and tool to help women who feel their hearts stirred by God, but also find themselves held back by fear and point them to the truth – our job is obedience. God is in charge of the outcome.
- A calling is that thread you find running through different seasons of your life. It’s the thing that stirs you to use your unique set of talents to impact the kingdom.
- When God prompts us to quit something sooner than we anticipated, we can experience shame or guilt. But there is no condemnation in Him. The assignment may change, but your calling didn’t. The work He’s refining in you is necessary for the next season.
- The same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.
- Watching a sister step in her calling is not a personal loss. A win for the kingdom is a win for the kingdom and should be celebrated. If you struggle with comparison, set some healthy boundaries so you can focus on taking the next step of obedience and allow God to guide you.
- If you struggle to see your unique place when you see others doing something you’re called to, remember the Gospels and the values of the different writer’s perspectives.
Let’s Get Real Practical:
What did God last ask you to do?
Are you doing that from a place of being?