This week on Real Talk with Rachael in talking with author Michelle Myers. Michelle is the co-founder of She Works His Way. She is the author of Conversational Commentary on Acts: Gospel Mission Then and Now, Conversational Commentary on Ecclesiastes: Wisdom to Live for Heaven While on Earth, She Works His Way: A Practical Guide for Doing What Matters Most in a Get-Things-Done World, and Famous in Heaven and at Home. You can listen to Michelle weekly with her best friend and ministry partner on the She Works His Way podcast. She and her husband, James, live with their three children in Asheville, North Carolina, where James is the central discipleship pastor at Biltmore Church.
Key Points from Our Conversation:
- Anything we think will satisfy us outside of Jesus will disappoint us 100% of the time. Our sole purpose is to fear God and keep His commandments.
- The emptiest feeling isn’t not getting what you think you need to be happy, it’s getting what you wanted and realizing that the Lord is all you need.
- If you are stuck in a cycle, it’s not your responsibility to know how to stop, it’s your responsibility to submit it to God so He can stop it. You are not powerful enough to stop the cycle, but for Him, nothing is impossible.
- God’s sovereignty isn’t an excuse to lead a passive life. God’s plan is for us to be involved with His work in the world while we’re in step with the Holy Spirit.
- When we ignore the limits that God gives us, we limit our worship because our limits reveal our dependence on Him.
- Overwork and laziness are equal disobedience.
- God does not work in us reluctantly – it is “for His good pleasure.” It is our job to work out our salvation. When we join with Him in the good work He’s doing, we reflect the character of God to others.
Let’s Get Real Practical:
Get clear on why you are chasing what you’re chasing.