This week on Real Talk with Rachael I’m chatting with Holly Wagner. Holly and her husband, Philip, are the senior founding pastors of Oasis Church – a growing, multi-cultural, church located in Los Angeles. They have been married for over 38 years, love life, and enjoy spending time with their two adult children, Jordan and Paris, and their 4 grandchildren! Holly is passionate about seeing the Church grow strong and relevant to the culture surrounding it and for women to become who God has designed them to become. She founded She Rises (formerly GodChicks), and has empowered thousands of women around the world. Holly has appeared on many television shows and is currently one of the hosts of TBN’s Better Together. She has written several books; her newest is Find Your Brave, an honest look at navigating storms, and has been an encouragement to the thousands who have read it.
Key Points from Our Conversation:
- Starters’ and finishers’ strengths and weaknesses will complement one another. Sometimes God instructs us to let go of things we’ve started, but other times there is no one who can complete something but the person who started it.
- Even when you get what you’ve been working for, you’ll find you’re at the beginning of something new. Take one step at a time.
- Maturity isn’t linked to age, it corresponds with what we persevere through. We’re afraid to share our failures and what we’ve been through, but that’s what helps others overcome. Your past can be used to give someone else a future, but only if you share your story.
- The Bible is the living Word of God meant to direct and convict us.
- You can’t expand the kingdom of God without a fight. Battles never come one at a time, they come all at once so you must remain prepared.
- If you don’t share the love of God, who will? But first, you must receive the love of God to be able to love others well.
- Who we are is being forced and formed in the valley. If you’re struggling to make it through, take the focus off of yourself and serve others.
Let’s Get Real Practical:
Make a list of the things you’ve started, then ask the Lord what He’s calling you to finish now or later and what to let go of.