This week on Real Talk with Rachael I’m talking with Anne Beiler of Auntie Anne’s Pretzels. Anne Beiler began twisting pretzel in 1987 and grew a single farmer’s market stand into Auntie Anne’s Inc., the world’s largest hand-rolled soft pretzel franchise. Her professional success, however, was forged after years of darkness, depression, and despair brought on by the death of her nineteen-month-old daughter.
Anne’s personal story and entrepreneurial insights have been featured on many television shows including Secret Millionaire, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and Good Morning America. She has been highlighted in numerous publications such as Fortune Magazine, and Inc Magazine. In 2005, Anne sold Auntie Anne’s and authored the business memoir, Twist of Faith. Today, Anne speaks to audiences around the world inspiring people with her authentic stories and life experiences. Her mission is to help women overcome the pain, blame, and shame of their past by sharing their stories. Her latest book, The Secret Lies Within: An Inside Out Look at Overcoming Trauma and Finding Purpose in the Pain, is available now.
Today we’re talking about:
- “Life is hard and God is good. No matter what happens to us, He is good.”
- Anne went to work making pretzels to support her husband’s vocation of free marriage counseling
- Jesus has a purpose in our pain
- God gave Anne something as simple as a pretzel and used it as a platform for her to share her testimony
- James 5:16 says, “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (NIV) Learning this and practicing this in her life led her out of darkness
- Proverbs 6:5, “Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the snare of the fowler.” (NIV)
- Confession is the highest form of communication
- Anne has discovered three types of confession – bedtime prayers, journaling our feelings and experiences to God and confessing one person to another
Don’t forget to text the phrase “Real Talk Giveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!