This week on Real Talk with Rachael we’re talking with Esther Fleece Allen about her book, “Your New Name: Saying Goodbye to the Labels That Limit”. CNN has called Esther one of “Five Women to Watch in Religion,” USA Today has named her one of the “New Faces of Evangelicalism” and Christianity Today has called her “one of the 50 women shaping the church and culture.” She is a graduate of the Oxford Center of Christian Apologetics and is currently in seminary. Her favorite new names are “wife” and “mama” as she is thankful to have a new home with them.
What We’re Talking About:
- There’s a difference between the labels you give yourself and the name God gives you.
- We often get labeled by someone close to us.
- “Our names are written in the book of life, not our labels.”
- There’s a difference between sins, inequities, and transgressions.
- God wants to speak to us through his word.
- A name change will look different for every person.
- “I am a daughter of God and that is enough.”
- God wants you to resign as an employee and be a son or daughter instead. We don’t have to earn our worth with God.
- We are more than conquerors!
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!