This week on Real Talk with Rachael we’re talking with Kate Battistelli, author of The God Dare: Will You Choose to Believe the Impossible?. Kate Battistelli is living proof God can and will use anyone if they’re willing.
Kate experienced infertility, miscarriage, an abortion at age 18, and four failed adoption attempts, which all wreaked havoc on her life. Kate had a life-changing experience as a young actress in New York City, going from understudy to starring as Anna in the Broadway National Tour of The King and I opposite Yul Brynner for more than 1,000 performances. Kate and her husband laid down their careers and the Broadway theatre in answer to their first “God dare” and moved out of New York City and into a life of homeschooling and a home business. As their daughter Francesca grew and began expressing her gifts in music and songwriting, they realized there was a far bigger purpose in leaving their careers than they could’ve imagined. Kate is the mother of DOVE and GRAMMY award-winning Christian recording artist Francesca Battistelli. She’s also one-third of the popular Mom to Mom Podcast. Kate is a natural encourager and believes in your ability to change the world.
We’re talking about:
- God often dares us to do something big, but we have to say yes.
- “Choose to be chosen to change the world.”
- It’s important that we listen to what’s God plan is for us and for our children.
- Don’t be afraid to dream big for your children.
- As in Titus 2, older women should be mentoring younger women.
- “It’s the small deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay.”
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!