This week on Real Talk with Rachel we’re talking with Rachel Macy Stafford. Rachel Macy Stafford is a writer with one goal: to help people choose love as much as humanly possible. Her latest book is Live Love Now: Relieve the Pressure and Find Real Connection with Our Kids. She is also the New York Times bestselling author of Hands-Free Mama, Hands-Free Life, and Only Love Today. She is a certified special education teacher with a Master’s Degree in education; an in-demand speaker; and a beloved blogger who inspires millions in her weekly blog posts at HandsFreeMama.com and through her supportive Facebook community, The Hands-Free Revolution.
We’re talking about:
- Many kids today feel unheard and unseen, that no one knows who they really are.
- A lot of kids feel micromanaged, there’s no time for fun or trying new things.
- Adults feel the same kind of pressures that our children do, but silently.
- We teach our children these damaging ideas because that’s what we’re telling ourselves.
- When you put a child on a path that’s not authentic to them you see depression and anxiety.
- Listening to what calls your heart gives you energy and purpose, it’s not easy, it’s necessary.
- “It’s a gift to be able to be human with your child so they can be human with you.”
- We’re there to encourage.
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!