This week on Real Talk with Rachel we’re talking with Rachel Macy Stafford. Rachel Macy Stafford is a writer with one goal: to help people choose love as much as humanly possible. Her latest book is Live Love Now: Relieve the Pressure and Find Real Connection with Our Kids. She is also the New York Times bestselling author of Hands-Free Mama, Hands-Free Life, and Only Love Today. She is a certified special education teacher with a Master’s Degree in education; an in-demand speaker; and a beloved blogger who inspires millions in her weekly blog posts at HandsFreeMama.com and through her supportive Facebook community, The Hands-Free Revolution.
We’re talking about:
- Many kids today feel unheard and unseen, that no one knows who they really are.
- A lot of kids feel micromanaged, there’s no time for fun or trying new things.
- Adults feel the same kind of pressures that our children do, but silently.
- We teach our children these damaging ideas because that’s what we’re telling ourselves.
- When you put a child on a path that’s not authentic to them you see depression and anxiety.
- Listening to what calls your heart gives you energy and purpose, it’s not easy, it’s necessary.
- “It’s a gift to be able to be human with your child so they can be human with you.”
- We’re there to encourage.
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!
Connect with Rachel Stafford on her website, Instagram, or Facebook
Connect with Rachael Gilbert on her website, Instagram, or Facebook