This week on Real Talk with Rachael we’re talking with Wendy Speake about her new book, The 40-Day Sugar Fast: Where Physical Detox Meets Spiritual Transformation. As a trained actress and heartfelt Bible teacher, Wendy ministers to women’s hearts through storytelling and Biblical life applications. Co-author of the popular parenting books Triggers and Parenting Scripts, and host of the annual 40 Day Sugar Fast. Wendy lives in Southern California with her husband Matt and their 3 sons, where she blogs about faith and family at WendySpeake.com.
We’re talking about:
- “We know that God says come to me, and yet we go to our phones and our pantries…”
- We know how sugar crashes affect our kids, it affects us in the same way.
- It’s not just a food fast but a Word feast.
- Doing the fast together, especially as mothers and daughters, can be a big benefit.
- Rather than doing it to lose a few pounds, seek God and his righteousness first.
- Even if your reasons for fasting aren’t perfect, God can still use it.
- “My sugar fast broke my addiction to sugar, but my Social Media fast broke my addiction to the sugar of affirmation.”
- The 40-Day Social Media Fast is available for Pre-Order now.
- God wants the whole day with you, not just 15 minutes in the morning.
- Let’s turn to God instead of turning to everything else.
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!