This week on Real Talk with Rachael we’re talking with Sharon Jaynes about her new book, The Power of a Woman’s Words: How the Words You Speak Shape the Lives of Others. For ten years Sharon served as Vice President of Proverbs 31 Ministries and co-host for their daily radio feature. She is the author of 24 books with Harvest House, Moody Publishers, Baker Books, Multnomah Publishers, and Thomas Nelson. She has also written numerous magazine articles and devotions for publications such as Focus on the Family, Extraordinary Women, Decision, Crosswalk.com, and In Touch. Sharon is a frequent guest on radio and television programs such as Revive Our Hearts with Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Family Life Today with Dennis Rainey, and Focus on the Family. Sharon currently writes for Proverbs 31 Ministries’ Encouragement for Today devotions and teaches at their She Speaks conference.
We’re talking about:
- Sharon’s rough homelife let her see the power of words, both positive and negative.
- It’s important to speak life over your children.
- It’s better to build up children than repair adults.
- “Our words become the mirror in which other people see themselves.”
- Kids need to know that they’re liked, not just loved.
- Make sure to compliment your children’s character.
- Reject the lies that the devil tells and accept God’s truth about you.
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!