This week on Real Talk with Rachael, we’re talking with Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith about her book “Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity”. Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith is a busy physician, author, and mom, who understand that life’s demands can leave you feeling mentally overwhelmed, emotionally drained, and physically tired. Daily she helps the overstressed deal with their work-rest imbalance and find actionable answers to the thriving lifestyle they desire. She has been featured in many media outlets including Daystar, Redbook, MSNBC, Psychology Today, and as a guest on the Dr. Oz show. Her latest book is Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity, including ground-breaking insight on the seven types of rest needed to optimize your productivity, increase your overall happiness, overcome burnout, and live your best life. Over 90,000 people have discovered their personal rest deficits using her free assessment at RestQuiz.com.
We’re talking about:
- There are seven types of rest we all need, Physical, Mental, Social, Sensory, Emotional, Creative, and Spiritual.
- We often ruminate on thoughts late into the evening, it’s best to avoid deep thinking activities right before bed.
- Writing the things down that we’re ruminating on can help to relieve our mind and allow us to rest.
- Watching the news and scrolling social media before bed can be detrimental.
- We all need people in our lives we can be open and authentic with.
- There’s a healing and restoration from being in the presence of someone who’s lifegiving to you.
- It’s very important to embrace silence and calm for Sensory rest.
- Take Dr. Saundra’s Rest Quiz to find out where you need the most help.
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!