This week on Real Talk with Rachael, we’re talking to Paula Faris, author of the new book “Called Out: Why I Traded Two Dream Jobs for a Life of True Calling”. Paula Faris is a senior national correspondent at ABC News and host of the popular podcast Journeys of Faith with Paula Faris, which gives an intimate look at how some of the world’s most influential people lean on faith and spirituality in the best and worst of times. An Emmy Award-winning journalist, Paula previously was co-anchor of the Good Morning America weekend edition, as well as a co-host of The View.
We’re talking about:
- We’re stuck thinking that our calling is all about our work life, but it may not be.
- God is looking for an obedient heart.
- Follow your peace.
- Peace comes from the Holy Spirit.
- God tells us to not be afraid or discouraged.
- Your worth isn’t your work.
- It’s okay to feel some fear when finding your calling.
- Vocational Callings have three facets: Do you love it, are you good at it, and do trusted people in your life say you’re good at it and love it.
- It’s a lie from society and the Devil that you can’t take a few years off to stay with your family and then go back. There are always vocational opportunities for you if you choose to go back.
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!