This week on Real Talk with Rachael we’re talking with Dawn Barton, author of “Laughing Through the Ugly Cry: …and Finding Unstoppable Joy”. A multibillion-dollar direct sales company put Dawn on their Times Square billboard in the summer of 2018. In Dawn’s thirty years of sales and marketing, she has been a top producer at every company she’s worked for. Most recently, she was the #7 Sales Director in Mary Kay when she took a leap of faith and left it all to write her first book, Laughing Through the Ugly Cry. Dawn has been a public speaker for more than ten years, giving talks about cancer, joy, female empowerment, and direct sales. When she’s not encouraging other women to find joy and humor in even the most difficult of circumstances, you can find her living happily ever after in Cantonment, FL with her husband, daughter, parents, and mother-in-law.
We’re Talking About:
- Joy and pain are often intertwined because when you’re in pain is when you’re the closest to God.
- Dawn lost faith in God when she experienced the loss of her child, but God “courted” her over the next 10 years until she came back.
- Joy and peace are related as well, follow the peace when looking for the right decision.
- “Sometimes the thing you think you were created to do for the rest of your life is what you needed to do for the next season of your life.”
- Success is obedience.
- “God can move mountains but don’t be surprised when he throws you the shovel.”
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!