This week on Real Talk with Rachael, we’re talking with Jamie Ivey, author of the book “You Be You: Why Satisfaction and Success Are Closer Than You Think.” Jamie is a podcaster, writer, and speaker from Austin, Texas. She is the proud mama of four kids and the wife of Aaron, worship pastor of The Austin Stone Community Church. Jamie loves to encourage women to passionately follow Jesus through whatever stage of life. She does this through writing and her weekly podcast, The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey.
We’re talking about:
- Jamie found herself and others comparing themselves to other women in a negative way.
- Are you looking to be successful, or are you looking to be faithful to what God has given to you?
- First, find your “why”. What motivates you? What’s your purpose?
- Once you’ve figured out why you’re doing something, you can tell if you’re being faithful.
- Quality is so much more important than quantity.
- Trust that where you are right now is exactly where God wants you.
- Your voice matters right where you are.
- Even if you don’t have a platform, your ideas, convictions, and passions matter.
- When we feel like God is holding out on us, we tend to get jealous of what we think others have.
- Don’t be afraid to take a Social Media break for the sake of your soul.
- Our ultimate calling in this life as a Christian is to make God known and bring Him glory.
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!