This week on Real Talk with Rachael we talk with Alli Worthington about her new book “Standing Strong: A Woman’s Guide to Overcoming Adversity and Living with Confidence“. Alli Worthington’s goal is to help women live the life they were created to live. She lives outside Nashville with her husband, Mark, their five sons, and the only golden retriever who refuses to retrieve. She’s a popular Christian women’s speaker who travels the country sharing her humor, practical advice, and encouragement. She hosts her top-rated weekly podcast, The Alli Worthington Show, and brings us friends she loves, experts to learn from, and coaches listeners in life, business, and faith.
We’re talking about:
- Self-empowerment can be as crippling as self-doubt.
- You can’t let everything rely on your ability to hustle, God is the one that helps you across the finish line.
- Make sure the people you’re listening to are pointing the way to Jesus.
- God’s vision for us is not passive, but strong and active.
- Disappointing others is not a sin, sometimes it’s exactly what God needs you to do.
- Alli counts down from 5 when trying to get herself to do something unpleasant, learned from “The 5 Second Rule Book” by Mel Robbins.
- There’s a process from the anointing to the appointing.
- If your thoughts are shaming or critical, it’s not of God.
To find out more about Called Creatives, visit their website.
Don’t forget to text “Superpower” to 55444 to get a free quiz from Alli!
Text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!