This week on Real Talk with Rachael, we’re talking with Dr. Jon Chasteen about his first book, “Half the Battle: Healing Your Hidden Hurts”. Dr. Jon Chasteen is president of The King’s University and lead pastor of Victory Church, a multicampus church based out of Oklahoma City. Passionate about empowering and equipping the local church through the preparation of Christlike servant-leaders, Dr. Chasteen desires to lead TKU’s faculty and administration with transparency and authenticity. Prior to arriving at TKU in 2018, his experience included seven years of pastoral leadership and six years of administrative leadership in Christian higher education. Dr. Chasteen has three earned degrees, including a Doctor of Education from Oral Roberts University. He and his wife, Michele, are blessed to enjoy life with their two children, Corey and Jace.
We’re talking about:
- “Today I have rolled away the reproach of Egypt from you.” Joshua 5:9
- We act like Mary and Martha and hide away our pain.
- “God brings things up because they’re on their way out.”
- “We can ignore even pleasure, but pain insists on being attended to.” C.S. Lewis
- Many times our pain comes from a moment of rejection.
- Jesus was the stone that the builds rejected.
- Before God crumbled the walls of Jericho, he first crumbled the walls of their hearts.
- Their worship became their warship.
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!