This week on Real Talk with Rachael I’m talking with author Lisa Bevere about her new book Godmothers: Why You Need One. How to Be One. Lisa Bevere’s authentic and passionate teachings weave profound biblical truths with practical application. A New York Times best-selling author, her books are in the hands of millions worldwide. Lisa and her husband John are the founders of Messenger International.
We’re Talking About:
- how Lisa’s experience with women in the church lead to God calling her to be the mentor to other women that she wishes she had herself
- mentoring doesn’t necessarily have to do with age, it’s who been further in the process
- “God will have us bless others out of our brokenness.”
- “When I’m committed to growing others, I can’t help but grow myself.”
- using your social media influence to encourage others without making it an idol or letting it determine our value
- the role of Godmothers and how to choose who speaks into your life
- “When we don’t celebrate growth, we become hopeless.”
- the importance of multiple Godmothers to speak into different areas of life
- insecurities about mentoring others – it’s better to move and make a mistake than it is to freeze
- setting boundaries as a Godmother
- We are blessed when we can show people how to cooperate instead of competing or fighting. That’s when you discover who you are and your place in God’s family.
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Ep. 67: Find Your Strength with Lisa Bevere
Ep. 68: When the Saints Come Marching In with Addison Bevere
Godmothers: Why You Need One. How to Be One.
YouVersion Bible study – Godmothers with Lisa Bevere
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!