This week on Real Talk with Rachael I’m chatting with Pastor Tim Ross about his new book Upset the World. Tim is the lead pastor of the multi-ethnic, multi-generational Embassy City Church in Irving, TX. Tim speaks both nationally and internationally strengthening believers with the Good News of Jesus Christ. He began preaching at the age of 20 years old and has already impacted the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. His dynamic teaching style and uncanny ability to make people understand the gospel message is the reason why he has been such an asset to ministries across cultural and denominational lines. Tim is happily married to Juliette, his bride since May 1st, 1999 and they have two sons, Nathan and Noah.
We’re talking about:
- Tim’s background and how he came to Christ.
- Asking God to help us crave His word like we crave whatever we’re addicted to.
- How a verse in Acts inspired him to write his book Upset the World.
- Jesus upsets people’s worlds with His message of love and hope.
- Connecting personal trauma to the trauma of salvation – both upset our lives
- “Once [Jesus] has upset your life, He’ll ask you to upset others.”
- The biggest way we can upset people’s lives as part of our day-to-day rhythm is to do good.
- 2 keys for recognizing the Holy Spirit’s nudge – the suggestion is really good and it’s intimidating, but keeps pressing.
- Fall in love with planting the seed of God’s love in people’s lives. You’re not responsible for the harvest, only the sowing.
- Upset means “to turn over,” but from heaven’s perspective, when things are upside down, they’re right-side up.
- You break down barriers and build relationships with you destroy stereotypes by listening and meeting people where they are.
- Using social media to spread hope instead of debating over opposing viewpoints.
- Encouragement to open your heart and let God upset you again.
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!