My heart is to encourage you all to be strong mind, soul, body and spirit. But as you know the internet is so loud. Every where we turn we are being offered advice, tips, tricks and more on how to strengthen those areas of our lives. While I LOVE many other bloggers I have been asking God what he wants ME to do. It is so tempting to just do what everyone else is doing. But that gets old, we aren’t being true to who God made us and people can see right through it. So I’ve sat and waited. And waited. And waited some more. God is working on my patience. 😉 Just this morning He gave it to me. He asked me to do a First Fruit Friday on my blog. What I share will be different each week but you can count on it to strengthen and encourage your journey in your faith, fitness and/or family.
This week we are strengthening our fitness and faith(since they go hand in hand). I’ve attached a workout I provided for my at home First Fruit Fit Club members for the month of August. The things you can always count on with the workouts you get from me are this: faith(God first) with a power verse, a quick yet effective metabolic boosting workout, cool down with a prayer and a printable to take this workout on the go if you need to. Here is one my favorite workouts FREE for you today:
Next I want to share with you one of my favorite healthy muffin recipes. When I was growing up I always loved the smell of fresh baked banana bread. We would eat it warm right out of the oven. Even though my mom makes the best banana bread I wanted to find a healthier alternative to make for my kids. I always make a double batch because these don’t last long in our house!
HEALTHY BANANA BREAD MUFFINS
- 2 cups almond flour (my favorite is from nuts.com)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water(or almond milk)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- ground flax seed (I always throw a few tablespoons in to get extra omegas and fiber to my kids. It does not affect the taste!)
- optional: Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Smash the banana until very creamy and runny(I freeze bananas that have gone bad to use for this recipe)
- Add the other wet ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients (you can see I’m a real fancy chef here)
- Pour ingredients into muffin pan 3/4 full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
Please let me know if you try the workout or the recipe, your testimonies mean the world to me!
Cheering for you,