God put it on my heart to dedicate the first month of this new year by hosting a “First Fruits” podcast series. In this podcast series, we will take every Monday and give the first of a different area of our lives to the Lord.
Week One: Rest
The first area God put on my heart was rest. Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. This is not a religious checklist; rather, it’s a gift from God.
PROCESS with these 3 Rs:
- Repent: “God, I repent for not taking a Sabbath day of rest. Please forgive me for not receiving this gift of rest. I receive your grace and forgiveness today.”
- Rejoice: Thank God for rest. It was His idea.
- Revisit: What does rest look like for me in this season?
Resource: My book launch team is unofficially open and I have space to lead a group of women through an early release copy of my book, Image Restored. The first 100 to register get a physical advanced reader copy of my book. Anyone after that will get a digital copy. We will cap the group so I am giving time for my people, that’s YOU, to sign up and be part of that launch before I announce anything publicly. To learn more and register, head to ImageRestoredBook.com. The book trailer is now available on that page, as well!
Week Two: Health & Fitness
This week, we are dedicating our health and fitness. I realize this is the biggest area many of you recommitted to this year, but will you join me in doing it God’s way?
1 Corinthians 3:16-23; Romans 12:1-2
- Jesus, what does honoring my body look like in this season?
- What is a simple step you are asking me to take that will improve my health this year?
- What habit do I need to start or stop this year, as an act of worship to You?
RESOURCE: Our integrated medical practice BBC (Building Better Care) Health (formerly known as the Back & Body Clinic)
Week Three: Plans
Just recently I experienced the difference between plans submitted to God and those that aren’t submitted to Him. I prayed about the timing of releasing something, felt peace to move forward, and God blessed it. A few days later I was in a hurry to check something off my to-do list, didn’t talk to God about it, and moved forward, and you could hear the crickets chirping from the lack of response. The difference? One was submitted to God and His timing and the other was not.
Proverbs 19:2, Psalms 33:11, Exodus 33:15
- God, what plans do I need to submit to You?
- Think of a specific plan you have in mind. Ask God for His timing on moving forward with this plan.
- God, show me any of my plans not from You. I don’t want to move forward if you aren’t in it.
My book launch team is open and I have space to lead a group of women through an early-release copy of my book, Image Restored. The first 100 to register get a physical advanced reader copy of my book. Anyone after that will get a digital copy. To learn more and register, head to ImageRestoredBook.com.
Week Four: Time & Energy
Psalm 143:8, “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.”
- What can I do to ensure I give the first of my day to the Lord?
- What is taking my energy that is not fruitful?
- What is a time thief in my days?
“Lord, I yield to you as my shepherd today. Thank you for your goodness, mercy, love, and supernatural favor and wisdom that follows me everywhere I go. Enlarge my family’s territory in all that we do. Keep your hand upon us and deliver us from evil. Show us the way we should go, for to you we entrust our lives. In Jesus’ name, amen.”