As I sit down to write this post my fingers seem to be tingling as they strike each letter on the keyboard. It is a surreal moment. One of those moments that leaves a mark on your heart for years to come.
If you’ve followed my blog for long, you know that I do many reviews and giveaways of Christian resources that I love. I love finding resources that our family uses and getting the opportunity to give them away to my readers. It truly is a blessing.
Today, I get the opportunity to share my first ever Christian resource that I am making available to the online community. Before I tell you what it is, allow me to explain how the dream for it was birthed in my heart.
For many years of my life, I have struggled with my weight and addiction to food and weight loss. (I shared more about that in this blog post: This is My Story) Because of my own struggles, when I was in college I pursued my degree in Exercise Physiology and spent the next 10 years getting many more fitness certifications and teaching classes all over the Dallas Metroplex. But, eventually, I became burned out on this fitness treadmill that kept me running but going nowhere. So, I decided to hang up my fitness shoes and the hands-free microphone. But God. He intervened and began to show me a different way. He showed me how to live from a place of freedom in fitness rather than fear.
But, in case you haven’t noticed, I am human. And like most humans, I tend to fall back into my old yucky patterns if left unsupervised for prolonged periods of time. At the beginning of this year, I slowly slipped back into my old ways of thinking and eating. I became addicted, once again, to eating sweets. In May, God asked me to fast sweets for 21 days. I agreed. Then he asked me to write about it. I reluctantly agreed to that part. I was obedient and I wrote a devotional of my journey of a so-called fitness professional who fasted sweets and replaced it with the word of God.
When I was done with the 21 days I found myself reset, refocused and RENEWED. It was then that God told me I was to take that raw footage that he had me write during my own fast and turn it into a devotional that would help others find freedom in fitness. I spent the next several months editing, adding daily power verses, fit tips, writing a workout calendar and getting this document ready to be in your hands. I’ve had much help getting this off the ground (special thanks to my Declare Conference friends, Michelle Acker for the design and Kristin Lemus for getting it on my site).
With no further ado, I would like to introduce you to RENEWED: 21 Days to a Submitted Heart, Sound Mind & Strong Body. The word renew is defined as, “to make something new, fresh, or strong again.” This is so much more than a devotional. It is going to RENEW you with a NEW way of enjoying life.
Here is all you get in this 64-page digital download:
- 21 Days of Devotions to fuel your heart, mind, soul, and body
- 21 Days of Power Verses
- 21 Days of Fit Tips (things my husband, the chiropractor, and myself, the exercise scientist, have applied to our family over the years)
- 21 Day Workout Calendar
- 10 Video Workouts (PRIVATE access to a page on my site that provides links to these videos.)
- 10 Written Workouts (These are the same as the video workouts but written for those of you who are a fan of the gym. Plus you can take these with you on the go and use minimal equipment.)
- 9 of the workouts lead and written by me (I teach a combination of strength, cardio & flexibility while applying my exercise science knowledge & my husband’s chiropractic knowledge. None of the workouts are longer than 30 minutes with a few being 15 minutes so you can mix and match them to create new workouts.)
- 1 of the workouts written & recorded by Kristen Ekiss who is a Master Trainer for TriggerPoint Therapy. This is a foam rolling video that is supplemental to your workouts. She also explains and writes the benefits and precautions of foam rolling.
- My FAVORITE healthy sweet treat recipe (gluten, dairy, and soy free)
- Resources to send you on your way after the 21 days
- ALL of this for only $21 (that’s $1/DAY!!!)
Head over HERE to purchase this digital download and get started on your journey to freedom! #RENEWED
Praying & cheering for you,