This week on Real Talk with Rachael, we talk with Tricia Goyer, author of the brand new book, “The Grumble Free Year: Twelve Months, Eleven Family Members, and One Impossible Goal”. Tricia Goyer is a busy mom of ten, doting grandma, and wife to John. A USA Today bestselling author, Tricia has published seventy books and is a two-time Carol Award winner, as well as a Christy and ECPA Award Finalist. She won the Retailer’’ Best Award in 2015 and has received starred reviews from Romantic Times and Publishers Weekly. She is also on the blogging team at TheBetterMom.com and other homeschooling and Christian sites. Tricia is the founder of Hope Pregnancy Ministries and currently leads a Teen MOPS Group in Little Rock, Arkansas.
After adopting her children, she noticed that there was a lot of grumbling as everyone adjusted to one another. Adopting so many at once was a lot to handle for anybody! “The Grumble Free Year” seeks to help you get your own family grumble free, with the benefit of her experience in seeing what worked, and what didn’t.
Today we talked about:
- How grumbling is so much more than just a bad attitude, it’s a matter of the heart.
- The Emotionally Healthy Woman: Eight Things You Have to Quit to Change Your Life by Geri Scazzero
- Reworking our brain to get out of our slump.
- Transforming grumbling into praying.
- And how to avoid blowing up during what Tricia calls our “Witching Hour”.
- Plus, the Grumble Free 30-Day Challenge starting after Thanksgiving!