This week on Real Talk with Rachael I’m talking with author Grace Valentine about her book “What Will They Think?“. Not only is Grace an author, but she’s also a blogger, podcast host, and speaker. Her readers love that she is so relatable. They say her fresh voice helps them navigate their own faith and life, which in turn helps fulfill her mission to show others that Christianity is an adventure worth living. After growing up outside New Orleans, Louisiana, Grace attended Baylor University, graduating in 2018 with a degree in journalism. She now resides in Orlando, Florida, where she enjoys running and eating lots of sushi. Grace loves connecting with readers, so send her a message!
Key Points from Our Conversation:
- Most of the younger generation of women don’t have a healthy view of women in the Bible. Religion has made us believe that women are less, but there are multiple examples of powerful women in the Bible, some in status and some in faith. We can learn from them about how we are designed to have a voice and that God doesn’t overlook us. We don’t have to be the best to be used by God, we just need to be eager to serve Him with a bold heart.
- No matter how old your voice is, it has value. If you’re a loud person, you’re not too much. Allow God to refine that gift and use it. If you’re quiet, be bold and have confidence that the Holy Spirit is speaking through you and you will do amazing things.
- It’s okay to be ordinary. Your life isn’t about proving you’re worth loving, it’s about your character and kindness. Regardless of status, you can speak love to the overlooked.
- If you find yourself getting stuck by comparison, remember that you don’t have to prove yourself to anyone when you’re fulfilling God’s purpose. Run your race. You miss out on your blessings when you get too distracted by what other people think.
- Being obedient to God isn’t boring. He isn’t holding good back from you, He wants you to experience the fullness of life. Success is obedience.
- Every generation can learn from one another. We’re experiencing the same experiences in different ways.
Let’s Get Real Practical:
In her book “What Will They Think?”, Grace has a list of 40 things to remind you not to miss out on God’s best for your life. I go through a few of them in this section, so your Get Practical application this week is to ask the Holy Spirit which one or two you need to take to heart and apply in your life today.