This week we’re talking with John Eldredge, who just published a new book, “Get Your Life Back: Everyday Practices for a World Gone Mad”. John Eldredge is a bestselling author, a counselor, and a teacher. He is also president of Ransomed Heart, a ministry devoted to helping people discover the heart of God, recover their own hearts in God’s love, and learn to live in God’s kingdom. John and his wife, Stasi, live near Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Today we’re talking about:
- The more time you spend in technology the less time you have to spend with real people, real situations, and even God.
- John suggests shutting the phone off at 8 pm and not turning to it first thing in the morning when you get up.
- Set healthy boundaries for your children, no phones at mealtimes or at bedtime.
- Model the behavior you want to see in your children with social media.
- Download John’s One Minute Pause app to try it for yourself.
- Spend the first few minutes of your morning outside to refresh your soul.
- “Living in an hour like this requires a strong soul.”
- “You’re going to be okay because you’re going to be in love.”
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!