This week on Real Talk with Rachael we’re talking with Dr. Jim Bob Haggerton, husband of Dr. Cindy Haggerton, who is a former guest on our show – an episode that is in the top three downloads of all time for this podcast. We talk about their marriage story from his perspective and how they got things back on track after infidelity in their marriage and how strengthening their marriage helped them take on the valleys that life has given them.
Dr. Haggerton describes himself as a super blessed guy who’s married to a superhero, father to four kids here on earth with one on the way and one who is waiting on him in heaven. He is a chiropractor by training and lover of all things nutrition and physiology.
We’re talking about:
- When your spouse acts out of character, it’s important to give them grace and look for the reasons that might be causing their mood shift.
- Remember to H.A.L.T during an argument, make sure you or you’re spouse is not Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired before you react to a situation.
- Red flags include not sleeping in the same room as your spouse and not being affectionate at all.
- Cindy’s reliance on God and prayer is what saved their marriage.
- The healing time for an affair is at least three to five years.
Listen to Cindy Haggerton’s episode
“When Leaders Live Together” by Larry & Devi Titus
“Keep Your Love On” by Danny Silk
“Kingdom Man” by Tony Evans
“Love & Respect” by Emerson Eggerichs
Don’t forget to text the phrase “RealTalkGiveaway” to the number 44222 to be entered to win giveaways from show guests and sponsors!