Welcome to Real Talk with Rachael. Today, you are listening to talk therapy, a short segment of the show that releases at the beginning of the week to allow space for God to move in our hearts and speak into our lives.
Last week I released an episode on why we need to process things. This week I am tackling the topic of jealousy. You can check out a blog I wrote previously about 3 problems with jealousy and 10 verses to overcome it here.
I don’t know a person who has never dealt with jealousy.
However, God showed me 3 problems with jealousy that when left unresolved will wreak havoc in our life:
- Jealousy is “me” minded rather than “kingdom” minded.
- Jealousy robs us of our joy and blessings.
- Jealousy keeps us from entering into intimate relationships with those with whom we are jealous.
NEW INSIGHT: We can rebuke a jealous spirit! It’s not from God and we do not have to receive it.
Verses to meditate:
- Then I observed all the work and ambition motivated by envy. What a waste! Smoke. And spitting into the wind. (Ecclesiastes 4:4)
- Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself to others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the best you can with your own life. (Galatians 6:4-5)
- Surely resentment destroys the fool, and jealousy kills the simple. (Job 5:2)
- A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones. (Proverbs 14:30)
- Anger is cruel, and wrath is like a flood, but jealousy is even more dangerous. (Proverbs 27:4)
Be sure to download this resource I have created that is FREE to download for a limited time only. It is a Biblical Body Image coloring book! To download it, head to rachaelgilbert.com/biblicalbodyimage.